- I write contemporary, multi-generational YA novels.
- My last name is pronounced McCann, but I prefer the way my forebears chose to spell it with that silent, slender h in the middle – no offense to h-less McCanns everywhere.
- I was born in East Grand Rapids, Michigan, but grew up in Bexley, Ohio.
- I was so shy in high school that, junior year, the school psychologist pulled me out of a journalism class – really what you want to do to a shy kid – to ask me if I wanted to talk to her.
- I read loads of fiction, but I read even more nonfiction – mostly Victorian and Colonial history. I would have loved to have lived in either time but with indoor plumbing, modern dentistry and deodorant. Also bug spray. And Advil.
- I transferred undergrad so many times I lost count.
- My ringtone is Come Sail Away.
- All my favorite beaches in the world are in Michigan.
- My favorite time of day is whenever my husband gets home.
- I wear my hair this short because my grandfather liked it this way, and I thought – still think – he hung the stars.
- About writing, all I can say is that I have to do it. Why? I have no idea.
My Life (Abridged) Erin Admin 2017-04-13T19:30:18+00:00